- We use a spiral curriculum that increases in difficulty and depth from Year 7 to Year 13.
- At the end of Year 11, students will be entered for Edexcel GCSE Mathematics.
- The pace and delivery of the curriculum will be adapted to suit the needs of the learners but please see an overall road map for a majority of our learners.
How can I support my child?
- Help get them organised – equipment, books, timetable etc.
- Remind them to use their planner.
- Ask them if they have any homework and what they have done that day in Maths.
- Show an interest in their work, sometimes the best way to learn a subject is to teach it to someone else.
- Remind them that everyone can get better at Maths and the harder they work, the better they will become.
How can I support my child with their Maths studies?
- Refer them to MathsWatch or Corbett Maths for independent resources – These offer online videos and worksheets to support students. These websites can be used for support, revision or to stretch their understanding further
- Ask to see their QLA’s which will highlight their strength and weaknesses – Ask them, “What do you need to do to improve?”
- Ask to see their work from their Maths lesson – Follow this up by asking what they found easy and what they found difficult.
- Ask to see their end of Unit assessments. These will be a clear indicator of how they are doing in class.
- While looking at their Maths work, ask them where they will see this Mathematics in real life.
For more information, please click on the links or contact Mr Paterson via email on Spaterson1@clt.haywood.coop.
Mr Stephen Paterson
Senior Lead practitioner of Maths