Why should I study Business?
- Every one of us, regardless of our background, interests or exam results will have to leave school or college at some time and get a job. EVERY type of job you can think of forms some part of a business from the one-man-band type businesses like small shops and hairdressers to the CEO’s of major international companies. Your parents are in business, your teacher is in business!
- Studying the background and theory behind how businesses operate, how they obtain finance and how they make money are therefore vital skills that you can carry with you for the rest of your working life.
- At Haywood Academy (and City College) we offer a number of relevant, suitably chosen and structured courses that will provide you with the correct pathway towards further study and/or the world of work.
Key Stage 4
- In year 9 you can opt for either the BTEC Tech Award in Enterprise or GCSE Business Studies.
- The BTEC Enterprise award consists of 2 pieces of internally moderated coursework and one externally assessed exam
- GCSE Business is assessed by 2 externally assessed final exams taken in Year 11
- This gives a suitable option depending on your preferred learning style